When you close the lid of your laptop, it normally goes to sleep. But what if you wanted to keep your laptop on when it’s closed? This can be frustrating if you want to plug your laptop into an external monitor or listen to music without looking at your bright screen.
How to Keep a Windows 10 Laptop On When It’s Closed
To keep your Windows 10 laptop on when you close the lid, click the battery icon in the Windows System Tray and select Power Options. Then click Choose what closing the lid does and select Do nothing from the drop-down menu.
- Right-click the Battery icon in the Windows System Tray. You’ll find this in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Then select Power Options.
- Next, click Choose what closing the lid does. You’ll find this in the left sidebar of the window.
- Then, choose Do Nothing next to When I close the lid. You can choose to keep your Windows 10 laptop on when it is closed if it is plugged in or when it is using battery power.
- Finally, click Save changes.