To keep your MacBook on when you close the lid, go to System Preferences > Energy Saver. Then select the Power Adapter tab and set the Turn display off after slider to Never.
Note: To keep your MacBook running when you close the lid, you have to plug it into an external monitor. In addition to this, you’ll also need an external keyboard and a mouse.
- Open the Apple menu. You can access this by clicking the Apple icon in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Then choose System Preferences.
- Next, click Energy Saver. This is the button with the light bulb icon.
- Then click the Power Adapter tab. You will see this at the top of the window.
- Set the Turn display off after slider to Never.
- Connect your MacBook to a power source, an external keyboard, a mouse, and an external monitor.
- Finally, close your MacBook lid to see if it’s still on.